Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Miami Triathlon


Geeze, where do I start, after the drive down to Florida. I was happy to spend time with my Parents and my Aunt and Uncle who came down to visit me for my event. I was happy to have such a lovely bunch cheerleaders, but nervous to perform. Not that my family would throw tomatoes, more like what if I ended up hurting myself again and wouldn't be able finish. I mean what a waste it would be to travel all that way just to watch a family member fall down and go Boom!! Might be a little funny, but non the less you came there with the intent of watching them to finish.

On the day of my race it just so happen to be day-light-saving time. So not only did I lose three hours driving cross country, I lost yet another hour. So hurrying to get there before the sunrise, was no walk in the park and ultimatly pushing back eveybodies start time.

The swim was much colder than I imagined. Earlier in the morning I was making fun of others for wearing wetsuits. As cold as it was I finished in my swim in 40 minutes.

Next came the 24.8 mile bike ride. Which sucked partly because the wind picked up to about 10 mph, and the fact that the course went over a major causeway. Regardless, I should’ve known better when I dropped of my bike the day before the race saw a bunch of kite suffers. By the time I finished my bike ride my legs were dead and my butt was thanking me.

After the swim came the 6.2 mile run, down a small narrow dirt path. Which ended up taking up me the same amount of time to finish as the bike did. The reason for this might be because I missed the turn around the first time and end going a bit further then I had too.

Non the less I finished the race in 4 hours and 20 minutes. I am not sure if that qualifies me as a triathlete, maybe something more like a finisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment