Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Story I wrote in 06


My story begins on the 13th saturday of our sophomore year at the Military Academy. Ring Ring sings the phones, “Chelsea, you and everyone is invited to the party of the year at Erin’s house tonight!!” So of course my girls and I are gonna be there. For the rest of the night my best pal Kat and I raid each other wardrobes.

At about 10:30 we finally arrived at Erin’s house dressed to kill. Now, Erin is a senior on the varsity football team at our high school. Known throughout the school as a bad-ass and his parents were out of town, which made this the party to attend. After, a quick meet and greet around the premise, we find Erin at a beer pong. Naturally Kat is enticed by this and ends up in a game of beer pong, which she doesn’t care for to begin with, yet she willingly participates because of whose team she is on. Instead of watching this sickening display of affection I decide to wonder around and rendezvous with other friends.

Later on around midnight thirty Kat finds me again. “Wasted.” was the word she used to describe her great buzz, just before joined Erin on a ride to local McDonald’s. Leery of letting her go there and knowing my friend there was nothing I could have done to stop her.

Already after 1 o’clock I start to get worried. Tired of waiting and wondering how far they could have gotten. Later on we get a phone call that seemed like what we all had been waiting for, “We are at the gas station on Bee Ridge Road,” the phone barked at me.

After arriving at the Texaco, I see Erin and his two butt buddies standing out side by his truck with long faces.

“Where is she?” I asked.

“In the Bathroom,” Erin replied not even looking up from his feet.

As I arrive in the bathroom, I first notice the already open handicap stall and closed door to a smaller stall. As I further investigate the last stall a notice droplets of blood and a small set of shoes.

“Kat?” I called out.

“Yea,” answered a familiar faint wimpier.

“Its me,” I returned.

Then there was a loud metal clank and the stall door slowly creaked open. Those two bloody little shoes took two steps forward. A beach hung from clenched hands underneath her chin all the way down ti her knee covered in dark patches of blood. Black lines of tears from her mascara ran down her pale scared face. At this point I was speechless, I didn't know what to do or say my brain was racing. “It willn’t stop!” she cried to me, as she stared down at her blood soaked shorts. Even though my gut told me otherwise I assumed her, “Everything is gonna be alright,” and wrapped her up in a towel and walked her out to the ambulance. I watched her scared pale face glow from behind the tinted glass of passenger window as they left for the hospital.

Ever since that day neither she nor I ever again spoke about the series of unfortunate events that happen that night. In the end this event has made me a lot more cautious about the company I keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment